Tuesday, February 14, 2023

 The Phantom: A Paranormal Novel (Rise of the Warlords Book 3) by [Gena Showalter]

 

As the son of a war god, Roux Pyroesis has suffered unending pain—he’s caused it, too, dispatching his foes with alarming ease. Now he’s tasked with cutting out the heart of a powerful queen who rules an ancient prison realm inhabited by the most vicious immortal females in existence.

Blythe the Undoing is a decorated harpy warrior determined to annihilate Roux, the invader who killed her beloved consort. Nothing will stop her. Even if she must trap herself for eternity by sneaking into the brutal realm and taking the crown, pitting herself against the merciless male she’s sworn to despise.

Having never known desire, Roux is ill prepared for the stunning beauty who challenges him at every turn. For the survival of his army, duty comes first. Always. But what happens when the flames of Blythe’s hatred burn out and she craves him, too…but only one of them can live?

                     https://geni.us/PhantomKindle

 

 

My Rating 4/5 Stars

 This is the 3rd book in the Rise of the Warlords series but it can absolutely be read as a standalone and completely understand everything that happens. Now, that isn't to say that I don't recommend the other books-because they are great reads and well worth it! In this one we get Blythe and Roux's story. Roux kills Blythe's consort in the beginning of the book and this unleashes Blythe onto her quest for revenge against him. This is most definitely a true enemies to lovers book, but there is a lot more to it than just that. There is action, adventure, humor, and of course a great love story! I don't want to say too much because I really don't want to wreck this story for anyone else, but I loved most of it!

Now, the reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. The beginning was slightly slow for me. I had a hard time getting into the story at first and I wasn't sure that I would really like it, but I pushed through and once you get through that portion-I couldn't put it down after that! As always, Gena Showalter pulls it together and gives a great story that leaves you wanting more and being impatient for the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

    https://amzn.to/3IWUNFY His life is always in danger, but never his heart. Petty Officer Ace Harmon is used to almost dying on a weekl...